Wednesday, 04 July 2012
Here is a little of my world lately.
- I went to Delta last night. (Delta is my recovery group) At Delta last night, the lesson was on grieving. We watched Nooma video titled Matthew, with Rob Bell. In the video Rob talked about an a Jewish tradition of sitting shiva. He said how you would visit with the person who lost someone and just sit. If they wanted to talk, then you would talk. If they did not want to talk, you would just sit with them.
- The above video reminded me in my grief of losing my job, and my reputation, that God is sitting with me. In my grief of not having children God is sitting with me. In all my other losses God is sitting with me, talking to me and just being with me.
- Matt's health has been acting up lately. He has had several afib events in the last several weeks. He is doing ok, but refusing to go to the er or call the doctor.
- Working at Walmart has been a challenge and fun. It is something different than I expected to be doing at this time in my life. I am enjoying learning new things like how to use the hand held terminal to put items away in the back. I am enjoying helping customers. I am enjoying the challenge that a new job brings. I am making new friends among my co-workers.
- I do wish I would get more Sunday mornings off. I don't mind working Sundays I just wish I could go to church then work. I really miss the worship time. But I have had the majority of Tuesday's off so I have been able to go to Delta. It is a trade off.
- Have blessed Fourth of July and be safe. Heading into work soon.